[Python-Dev] largeint.h and ver.h gone from VS.NET

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:45:03 -0800

> Did they also, e.g., change the signature of QueryPerformanceCounter(), so
> that largeint.h isn't needed to get at the MS-specific LARGE_INTEGER
> typedef?  Note that the workaround doesn't work unless these files are on
> MS's list of redistributable files (which always takes me an hour to find,
> and no time for that now).

I did not intend that the workaround would be the right way to do it
long term.

LARGE_INTEGER is now defined in winnt.h, which is included by
windows.h.  However, the current code does need more than just the
typedef, such as LargeIntegerEqualToZero, LargeIntegerSubtract, etc.

> > Furthermore, the file "ver.h" used in python_nt.rc appears to be gone as
> > well.  Not sure why we needed it.  Gettinr dir fo it seems to have no
> > ill effect =).  Anyone remember what it's for?
>
> Mark Hammond created all the code in question (here and above), so
> ActiveState should know who to hire to maintain it <wink>.

Sigh.  I'm not doing this on behalf of ActiveState -- there's no real
need for us to move to VS.NET for most of our builds right now.  I'm
just playing with my new toy.

--david-should-have-posted-from-my-hotmail-account?-ascher