[Python-Dev] Unicode strings as filenames

Neil Hodgson nhodgson@bigpond.net.au
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:46:14 +1100

Mark Hammond:

> This looks interesting :)  Any chance of putting all this together in a
> patch at source-forge?

   Eventually although I'm not yet sure the direction is sound. It does
expand the code horribly. Also not sure if I'll have the determination to
push this through to completion - there are still plenty of issues to be
resolved. For me, just having open work is the most important bit - all the
others are far less used.

> Ultimately uni.py should be rolled into
> test/test_unicode_filename.py,

   Directory tests added to uni.py.

> and it is unclear if
> http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/posixmodule.c is the latest with
Martin's
> comments - and it appears posix_open may leave 'fd' uninitialized before
> comparing < 0.

   New version just uploaded fixing that at
http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/winunichanges.zip

   Neil