[Python-Dev] release for 2.1.2, plus 2.2.1...

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:41:26 -0500

[Guido]
> I'm guessing you'll also need Fred's help to roll out the docs (are
> there going to be 2.1.2 docs?) and Tim's for the windows installer
> (which may be a bit of a pain since we've switched installer builders
> for 2.2).

Ouch.  More than a bit -- I'd have to find the old Wise floppy first (it's
not on my disk anymore).  But the 16-bit installer is itself "a bug" (often
doesn't work) on the recent MS high-end OSes (2000 and XP), so creating
another of those is a dubious exercise.  We were probably shipping different
versions of expat and/or zlib on Windows for 2.1 too (but at least I can
suck those binaries out of an installed 2.1 -- or was Windows 2.1 compiled
with a binary-incompatible MSVC 5?).  Etc.  If I do this, it's going to
consume at least a day to straighten out all the issues.