[Python-Dev] object equality vs identity, in and dicts idioms and speed

Samuele Pedroni Samuele Pedroni" <pedroni@inf.ethz.ch
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 04:33:00 +0100

I have been sloppy in the explanation (dangerous!)

[me]
> We could use a table to make the wrappers unique but we have
> potentially lots of them as you can imagine, jython people
> actually use java classes <wink>.

The point is that we have potentially many java class instances
but not that much wrapper duplication for the same instance.
So it is not worth to pay the overhead and the complication
of making the wrappers unique. And it still not worth
to pay it in order to implement a non-broken id.

regards.