[Python-Dev] PEP 215 redux: toward a simplified consensus?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:00:54 -0500

Paul Prescod writes:
 >                                   The major reason for doing it at
 > compile time (for me) is that you can have a nice syntax that doesn't
 > evolve modulus-ing (or dividing) an otherwise useless vars() or locals()
 > dictionary.

Which has everything to do with your usage.  I almost never use % with
locals() or vars(), so I don't share that motivation.  I'm much more
likely to build a dict specifically for the purpose, which includes
computed values, or have something already created which includes this
usage as part of the larger picture.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>