[Python-Dev] Pthreads wizard needed to look at bug #522393

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:23:09 +0100

Folks,
in the process of testing 2.2.1 I ran into a bug on SGI that has been
there since at least 2.2: if you build with threads you get an undefined
error on pthread_detach() while linking the interpreter.

I think the solution is to change the autoconf test that decides which
libraries to add for pthread (make it refer not only the thread_create()
but also thread_detach()), but as pthread_detach apparently isn't
available in all pthread implementations (if I understand the small
forest of ifdefs inside thread_pthread.h correctly) I'm not sure this
won't break anything else.

Could some pthread guru please have a look at bug #522393?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -