[Stackless] Re: [Python-Dev] Stackless Design Q.

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:45:00 -0500

On 21 Feb 2002 at 15:08, Greg Ewing wrote:

> Gordon McMillan <gmcm@hypernet.com>:
>
> > Unless you've got a way to detect or pass tasklet's
> > through transfer, you don't have enough.
>
> You'll have to elaborate. I don't have any idea what
> you mean by that!

You need a way to refer to "this" tasklet from
Python, and pass that to the "other" tasklet. Alternatively, you need "the tasklet that
transferred to me". This is implicit in generators;
it needs to be explicit to do coroutines. You
can't write a scheduler in Python without
it - you need the client tasklets to transfer
to the scheduler tasklet.

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/