[Python-Dev] Global name lookup schemes

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:30:30 -0800

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Way cool, Ping ! Does AI provide tools for simplifying these
> > kind of diagrams or did you do it all by hand ?
>
> I spent all day on it.  Illustrator was not much help, sadly.
> It's so lame that it can't even keep arrowheads stuck to arrows,
> and its grid-snapping behaviour is mysterious and unpredictable.

FYI, a language that I really enjoyed working with for illustrations is
MetaPost:

  http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/hobby/MetaPost.html
  http://www.tug.org/metapost.html

It's a really cool language, and like a lot of drawing languages,
debugging is pretty. =)

I've wanted to bridge Python and MetaPost, but never found the time (or
frankly, a good excuse).

--da