[Python-Dev] Expat vs Windows

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
13 Feb 2002 09:10:47 +0100

Tim Peters <tim.one@comcast.net> writes:

> Anyone understand what's going on with expat?  I noticed pyexpat stopped
> compiling on Windows a day or two ago, but didn't have time to look at it.
>
> Today I see it compiles, but generates lots of linker warnings:
>
>    Creating library ./pyexpat.lib and object ./pyexpat.exp
> LINK : warning LNK4049:
>     locally defined symbol "_XML_GetSpecifiedAttributeCount" imported

I cannot reproduce this on my MSVC 6 installation. What does that
warning mean? Does it indicate a problem of some sort?

> Are we trying to break away from the SourceForge expat project?

No, Modules/expat is a literal copy of SF expat 1.95.2, lib/.

> (btw, if someone already explained this on some mailing list, sorry,
> I'm hundreds of msgs behind the times).

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-February/019974.html

[assuming you read this message before catching up with the rest of
python-dev]

Regards,
Martin