[Python-Dev] a different approach to argument parsing

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:50:54 -0500

On 12 February 2002, Guido van Rossum said:
> OK, I was wrong when I expected there wouldn't be much traffic.  The
> design of an option parser alternative does *not* belong on
> python-dev.  Please get this discussion of the list NOW and move it
> elsewhere.  You can come back here when you've agreed on a solution.

I'm about to (try to) create a list on Starship for this: how does
getopt-alternatives@python.net sound as a place to discuss this issue?

Everyone who has posted on this thread will receive an invitation to
join the list.  (Assuming I can get Mailman to do my bidding, that is.)

Glad I brought the whole thing up though: hopefully something good will
emerge!

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - just another Python hacker                  gward@python.net