[Python-Dev] Incorporating Expat

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:10:42 +0100

At IPC10, I discussed with Fred a strategy for incorporating Expat
1.95.2 into Python. I've now implemented most of this, consisting of:

- adding the lib/ directory of Expat as Modules/expat
- changing setup.py to build the included Expat library into the
  extension module
- likewise for PCbuild/pyexpat.dsp
- dropping support for older Expat versions from pyexpat (support for
  older Python version is still maintained)

AFAICT, the only missing part is to add the relevant changes to
Modules/Setup.in, and to update various documentation files.

Please make sure to pick up new directories when updating your CVS
sandbox.

If you find any problems with that change, please let me know.

Regards,
Martin