[Python-Dev] proposal: add basic time type to the standard library

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:16:42 -0800 (PST)

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Or to put it another way, I want the following to work for any time object,
> including mxDateTime objects, any date/timestamp returned by a DB-API
> driver, and weird date/time-like types I've developed myself:
>
>     if isinstance(t, basetime):
>         # yay! it's a timestamp
>         print t.timetuple()

Looks good!  I'd prefer None to -1, though, for the last three items of
the tuple.  Also, the raise on utctime() should be NotImplementedError,
maybe?
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

We must not let the evil of a few trample the freedoms of the many.