[Python-Dev] proposal: add basic time type to the standard library

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:03:33 -0500

> In ZODB 4, the cache eviction may be done quite differently.  The
> version number may be a simple int.  The last mod time will not be
> provided for each object; instead, users will need to define this
> themselves if they care about it.  If they define it themselves,
> they'd probably use a DateTime object, but we'd care much less about
> how small it is.

In that case, I take back everything I've said about Jim Fulton's
requirements.  I'm quite sure that in the past he said he needed a
very lightweight date/time object, but from what you say it appears
this need has disappeared.