[Python-Dev] Accessing globals without dict lookup

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:01:16 -0500

> Guido van Rossum writes:
>  >     def keys(self):
>  >         return [c.objptr for c in self.__dict.keys() if c.objptr is not NULL]
>
> I presume you meant values() here rather than keys()?  The keys()
> method could simply delegate to self.__dict.  I imagine most of us can
> fill in any additional dictionary methods, though.

Oops, I was indeed confused.  I think I meant this:

    def keys(self):
        return [k for k, c in self.__dict.iteritems() if c.objptr is not NULL]

And indeed I expected that you could extrapolate to the other
methods. :-)