[Python-Dev] Mixing memory management APIs

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 12:52:38 +0100

Michael Hudson wrote:

> > > with-pymalloc or without or both?
> >

> > Both if possible -- the leakage showed up with pymalloc AFAIR :-)
>
> I thought we were chasing memory stomping, not leaking, this time
> around...

Both, I guess: pymalloc doesn't behave well with overallocation
and codecs use this technique a lot. I reduced the overallocation
in the UTF-8 encoder down from 3*size to 2*size which should
cover the most common cases better than before.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH