[Python-Dev] Should Python compile as C++?

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:28:50 +1100

> If the initialization of type objects is all that needs fixing to
> get Python compile to on MinGW32, why not simply fix it ?

Gerhard indicated all is working now.

> MSVC has had
> the same problem for years. What's strange is that in some cases,
> MSVC does seem to get it right where in others it fails with an
> error -- probably a DLL vs. EXE thing.

It is a problem for extension modules.  Object files in the core DLL have no
problem, but object modules in seperate extension DLLs that reference the
global in pythonxx.dll generate the error.

Thus, we see the error as modules are split out of the core - eg, _socket,
_winreg, etc.

Mark.