[Python-Dev] PEP 303: Extend divmod() for Multiple Divisors

Andrew Koenig ark@research.att.com
31 Dec 2002 14:21:45 -0500

Lalo> I'm +0 on this (reasons below), but since Guido already said no:
Lalo> I find this function pretty useful, as it serves to collapse
Lalo> ugly code, and I hate ugly python code.  However, the name
Lalo> sucks.  With your changes, 'divmod' doesn't describe it anymore.

Lalo> So I suggest you come up with a better name and offer it as a
Lalo> contribution to, say, the math module.  In that case I would
Lalo> prefer to have the reverse function too.

If it helps, APL uses the names "base" and "represent" for these
two functions.

--
Andrew Koenig, ark@research.att.com, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark