[Python-Dev] bugs in stdlib

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:50:45 -0500

> Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org>:
> > Eric, can you put off your checkin until after I've created the 2.3a1
> > release branch?
>
> Ouch.  Our mails crossed.  I just checked them in.  You can back them out
> if you're feeling really paranoid -- but all the unit tests pass.

I find it hard to believe that our mails crossed.  The first time I
asked you to wait until after the release was last night:

| Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] bugs in stdlib
| From: Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org>
| To: esr@thyrsus.com
| Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:58:25 -0500
|
| > I've got another fix and some enhancements in the works for
| > ConfigParser.  Passes all regression tests, but I'm field-testing
| > before I commit.  Just because I'm nervous about patch collisions,
| > what code did your patch affect?
|
| CVS is your friend, Eric. :-)
|
| Can you put off checking in your changes until after the 2.3a1
| release tomorrow?  I'm a bit nervous about last-minute changes to
| ConfigParser, based on the history of that module.
|
| --Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

If you saw that and chose to ignore my advice, I would've appreciated
a reply at least.

I'll leave the decision to revert your checkin to Fred, who knows the
code (and has pending changes to it of his own, which now cause
conflicts).