[Python-Dev] Still want an expected skip file for regrtest.py?

Brett Cannon brett@python.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:58:18 -0800 (PST)

[Guido van Rossum]

> > As for multiple skips, I guess I could determine possible file names based
> > on the name of the platform ("ToSkipDARWIN.txt", "ToSkipDEBUG.txt", etc.).
> > Think I am going to have to read up on VPATH...
>
> No, you misunderstand.  When one builds for multiple platforms, each
> platform has its own directory, which is the current directory when
> you build (and test) for that platform, so the skip file can simply
> have a fixed name in the current directory.

Ah, gotcha.  So then a single, fixed name will handle it since people can
just stick their file in the directories with the appropriate changes for
that platform.  Nifty.

Now I just need a good name.  ToSkip.txt?  SkipTests.txt?
TestsToSkip.txt?  Eh, not worth worrying about this exact moment.

-Brett