[Python-Dev] make install fails with current Python CVS

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
12 Dec 2002 17:58:29 +0000

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:

> >>Could this error message be made more helpful :-)
> >=20
> > I don't know. I tried, and failed. I did not try too hard, though.
> >=20
> > I just knew what the problem was as I investigated this a couple of
> > times before, to track it down to the codecs lookup facility not
> > working.
>
> Could you tell me where this error is generated ?

I imagine it's somewhere inside PyUnicode_AsEncodedString which is
called from compile.c:parsestr.  If you want to expose the latter to
Python while you're at it, be my guest (sf feature request 617979).

Cheers,
M.

--
  I've even been known to get Marmite *near* my mouth -- but never
  actually in it yet.  Vegamite is right out.