[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Include co mpile.h,2.38,2.39 parsetok.h,2.19,2.20 pyerrors.h,2.63,2.64 pythonrun.h,2 .55,2.56 symtable.h,2.10,2.11

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
11 Dec 2002 23:51:12 +0100

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:

> I would accept that point if you could demonstrate a single
> case where the const nature of the filename actually does any
> good for the *user*.

See the original bug report. It avoids having to write const_casts.

> BTW, how can I silence warnings when writing C code that's
> supposed to compiler with Python 2.1 and 2.3 ? (passing const char *
> to a char * API doesn't work for obvious reasons)

Can you explain where such silencing would be necessary, for the
specific patch in question? It is not, because non of the variables
that got const now are ever passed to 2.1 API: they are all internal
to the core.

Regards,
Martin