[Python-Dev] Proposed changes to linuxaudiodev

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:32:35 -0500

[me]
> Sounds fine to me.  Should I worry about adding an official
> DeprecationWarning to linuxaudiodev.c?  Or does that wait until 2.4?

[Aahz]
> Given its lack of official documentation, I'd vote for DeprecationWarning
> now.

[Guido]
> +1.
>
> Somebody check this in please.  (But make sure that running the unit
> tests doesn't issue the warning.)

Two points:

  * ossaudiodev isn't 100% compatible with linuxaudiodev -- does this
    affect your decision?  (Currently the incompatible is limited
    to subtle behavioural stuff, but I plan to change some peculiar
    method signatures -- setparameters(), in particular, takes an
    'ssize' argument that serves no purpose as near as I can tell.)

  * if I remove test_linuxaudiodev.py, which should be fine since I've
    just created and checked in test_ossaudiodev.py, then the warnings
    from the test suite won't be an issue.  OK if I remove it?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I am NOT a nut....