[Python-Dev] Another approach for the import mechanism

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:56:21 -0200

> > Why? Have you promised that to someone? :-))
>
> Jython has implented it that way because it was agreed that this was what PEP
> 273 was going to allow.

[replicated]

Sorry. I wouldn't like to do something in a different way than Jython
does, or to obligate you (or someone) to rework that. OTOH, I belive
that this is a better scheme, and my obligation is to discuss that with
you. If it's of common sense that this isn't good, it won't be accepted,
and that's all.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]