[Python-Dev] Can someone look at dummy_thread (#622537)?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:12:29 -0500

[Guido]

[Brett Cannon]
> Do you prefer I do a separate ``dummy_threading`` module or follow
> Martin's suggestions and just turn ``dummy_thread`` into
> a ``threading`` substitute itself?

Looking at his code, I think it's clear he wants a separate

    dummy_threading.py

and nothing fancier than that.  The idiomatic use would be as shown, where a
user who knows what they're doing can import dummy_threading (if desired)
and *name* it threading locally themself (if desired).  No existing code
could break, except for users who already have a file named
dummy_threading.py on their PYTHONPATH somewhere after the std library.