[Python-Dev] Re: Automatic flex interface for Python?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:25:52 -0500

    >> ...insert Flex rules into the string, call a slightly higher level
    >> function which calls flex to generate the scanner code and use a
    >> slightly different bit of module sticky stuff to make it callable
    >> from Python.

    Eric> Lexers are painful in Python.  They hit the language in a weak
    Eric> spot created by the immutability of strings.

Yeah, that's why you inline what is essentially a .l file into your Python
code. ;-)

I'm actually here in Austin for a couple days visiting Eric Jones and the
SciPy gang.  Perhaps Eric and I can bat something out over lunch tomorrow...

Skip