[Python-Dev] PEP 269 versus 283.

Jonathan Riehl jriehl@spaceship.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:12:09 -0500 (CDT)

	I was looking over some of the PEP's and I saw that 269 was
considered dead according to PEP 283.  This is kind of odd because I was
planning to have an implementation by the end of the week.  This is
subject to the constraints of reality; I am taking a whopping huge
vacation starting this next weekend.  It is either going be ready for
python-dev to play with this week or in the middle of next month.
	My posts to the parser-sig are trying to be deferential to the
charter of the SIG (starting w/requirements for a general purpose parser
generator, not implementation of PEP 269).
	I am certainly going to try to wrangle the parser-sig onwards, but
a pgen module is way overdue.

-Jon