[Python-Dev] Correction: Deprecation warning on integer shifts and such

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:06:29 +0200

On maandag, augustus 12, 2002, at 10:18 , Jack Jansen wrote:

> I already fear that I have to come up with some sort of a fix
> for the range-check warning (more than 6000 lines worth of
> constant definitions that can currently be copied verbatim from
> C header files to Python will have to be parsed, and computed,
> and all these things can contain references to other constants,
> strings and who knows what more, see Mac/Lib/Carbon/*.py), I
> really could do without more work on my plate...

I'll retract this statement after a bit of research: it turns
out there are only very few of those 6000 constants that
actually run afoul of the warning, so I can fix those by hand.

That is, if there's actually a warning for every bad constant,
not just once per module...
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -