[Python-Dev] PEP 277 (unicode filenames): please review

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:37:29 -0700

[Guido van Rossum wrote]

> I've added some comments to the patch.
>
> I'm +0 on the PEP; I'd like to defer to people who actually use
> Windows like Mark Hammond and Tim Peters.

We (ActiveState) are committed to getting the functionality in -- which
means that David and myself can help with coding and testing.  Depending
on the schedule, I can help with e.g. filling out the test suite.  We
can also setup some test machines to test things that are probably too
odd to fit in the test suite.

Martin, if there is anything we can do to help with for this patch,
please let us know.

Trent