[Python-Dev] dbm module, whichdb, test_whichdb

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:19:52 -0500

Folks,

I just checked in a modified dbmmodule.c, whichdb.py and a new regression
test file, test_whichdb.py.  The change to dbmmodule.c accommodates linkage
with Berkeley DB.  The change to whichdb catches this case (opening "foo"
actually creates "foo.db").  The new test_whichdb.py file simply adds
regression tests for the whole mess.

Please have a look, try it out, and let me know if it gives your system
heartburn.  Having messed around with this stuff off-and-on for awhile, I
have no illusions about this going in without tickling some platform
dependency.  Jack, you're especially on alert, because I know you had
problems with some earlier bsddb-related changes to setup.py.  My iMac w/
MacOS X is still in Michigan with Ellen for the summer.

Skip