[Python-Dev] timeoutsocket patch

Bernard Yue bernie@3captus.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:50:02 -0600

Andrew MacIntyre wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Bernard Yue wrote:
>
> > Just found http://www.ia.amu.edu.pl/edm2/0401/socket3.html on the
> > web.    The documentation above mentioned select() support in IBM TCP/IP
> > development toolkit for OS/2.  So maybe OS/2 support select().  I
> > remember TCP/IP support for OS/2 comes as an optional package of IBM LAN
> > Manager client, back in 94-95.  Am I correct, Andrew?  Anyway, since you
> > have access to OS/2, can you help us to dig in a bit?
>
> I only have v4 (not v4.5 or eCS), but its still treated there as a
> "optional" package, certainly from the point of view of maintenance.

So does OS/2 now support TCP/IP by default?

> I don't have VAC++ or a complete set of API docs either, but it wouldn't
> surprise me that select() is available in the socket library, exclusively
> for sockets.
>
> I use EMX, which has a select() that does what needs to be done to support
> sockets as well as files and (I think) pipes.

[snip]

> I hope to have a look at your bits this weekend.  Will let you know what
> transpires.

I've just upload an alpha version of unit case for the timeout socket
(http://www.3captus.com/Downloads/test_sockettimeout.py).  Please give
it a try.

Bernie

--
There are three schools of magic.  One:  State a tautology, then ring
the changes on its corollaries; that's philosophy.  Two:  Record many