[Python-Dev] Built in objects supporting slices

Paul Moore gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:40:20 +0100

At the moment, built in objects such as lists don't support the slice
notaton l[a:b:c]. Would there be support for including this in Python
2.3? If so, what would be the necessary procedure? Would this require a
PEP?

Alex Martelli has offered to do the code, if someone will champion the
work. I'm happy to do this, but I don't have commit privileges, so it
would require someone else to actually commit any changes. I presume
that the correct approach would be to submit the changes as a patch to
SourceForge?

Paul Moore