[Python-Dev] METH_CLASS

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:55:50 -0400

Thomas Heller writes:
 > Yes, it is also used (demonstrated) in Modules/xxsubtype.c.

I'd describe that as an incredibly degenerate case.  ;-)

 > But this doesn't answer my question. I still think that
 > the docs and the code disagree. (and also I _hope_ that
 > the docs are correct and the code is wrong ;-)

Guido & I just had a little pow-wow about this, and decided that this
is worth changing.  I'll make the changes to the code so that the
documentation is right.

Can you please file a bug report on this so I don't lose track of it?
It should be assigned to me, priority 6.  (So that I actually need to
review your distutils patch first. ;)

Thanks for reading the development docs and bringing this up!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation