[Python-Dev] (no subject)

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic.de
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:06:26 +0200 (CEST)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I'd like to add the optional argument support for strip and friends to
> > 2.2.2. It solves a real problem, and is useful for people going forward
> > (in the same way as the not-really-bool() code).
>
> Go ahead.  Maybe Walter wants to help?  (Walter: there's no
> obligation, and I understand if you prefer not to learn about CVS
> branches just yet. :-)

I have not problems with branches, but I guess that those
that do backports regularily have scripts that simplify
the job.

What's still missing is the version for unicode. Note that my patch
http://www.python.org/sf/424606 works a little different: Here the
argument is a complete word that should be stripped, not a collection
of characters, i.e.
your version: "oofoo".strip("foo") => ""
my version: "oofoo".strip("foo") => "oo"

--
Walter Dörwald · LivingLogic AG, Bayreuth/Germany · www.livinglogic.de