[Python-Dev] core out of select.so

Geoff Gerrietts geoff-pdev@gerrietts.net
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:24:43 -0700

Quoting Guido van Rossum (guido@python.org):
> Since he mentioned select.so, I'm curious if he might be overflowing
> the thread stack.  That might cause a corrupt stack.  There's no way
> to get a reliable C trace once the stack has been corrupted.  You need
> more info before it makes sense to submit this to SF.

I'll agree that it's certainly plausible that I'm running into
resource limits. The stack isn't especially deep (16 frames including
frame 0), and doesn't appear at first glance to be terribly full, but
the ZODB database is pretty large (180MB); it wouldn't surprise me too
much if we were encountering resource limits.

But color me ignorant if you wish; I have no idea how to go about
verifying or testing these conditions, or even how the C stack is
different from the thread stack (if it is in fact different). What
kind of more information can I dig around and provide you?

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "Punctuality is the virtue of the bored."
<geoff at gerrietts net>                               --Evelyn Waugh