[Python-Dev] autoheader warning for WITH_UNIVERSAL_NEWLINES

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
16 Apr 2002 17:54:08 +0200

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> writes:

> how do I find out about all this autoconf magic? I simply used the
> code for another configure option (WITH_GC, I think) as a template and
> modified it for my needs. But I'm really groping in the dark with
> configure. I've have never heard of autoheader, for instance, and
> haven't a clue that I should have used it (if I should have, and for
> what:-)

Well, I recommend to read the documentation :-) You need an info
viewer, (such as info(1), or Emacs), and there you navigate to
autoconf.  Most useful is (autoconf)Autoconf Macro Index, which lets
you easily find the documentation of each macro. Make sure you read
the documentation of each macro before typing it into configure.in.

To learn about autoheader, I recommend to read (autoconf)Introduction,
in particular (autoconf)Making `configure' Scripts .

Regards,
Martin