[Python-Dev] trace.py and the obscurity of Tools/scripts/ (was: Unittest list)

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:15:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Zooko]
> > Anything else that would be required for trace to make this transition?
>
> It would help if the bugs were fixed [...]

And there are a ton of problems/bugs in trace.py from the current Python
CVS.  I've fixed about a dozen so far, and still going.  I'll submit diffs
as soon as I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe I'm just running
trace in a very different way than most and exercising some of the weirder
code paths?

In spite of the many esteemed contributors and the upcoming fixes from me,
the design and the code are very raw and are (IMHO) a long way from being
production quality.  Of course, if everyone pitches in and we have a code
frag-fest, it could conceivably be ready quite soon.

Regards,
-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19         E-mail: jacobs@theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (216) 986-0714              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com