[Python-Dev] Re: Unittest list

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:09:01 -0400

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > > That "200", is the aprox number of functions that don't have
> > > a corresponding unittest?
> >
> > It's the # of C functions that were never called after running
> > the entire regression test suite.
>
> And what percentage is this of the total number of functions there?

In Objects/*.c, I estimate there are 1153 functions by:

	egrep -A 3 '^(static|_Py|Py)' *.c | egrep '\.c-\{' | wc

There are about 161 in my list of untested functions.
I created this report around Dec 14, but I don't think this #
has changed too much.  Although there may be about 10 more functions
which were tested, since I remember Fred adding some tests.  I don't
know if the new tests were reflected.

So that's about 14% of functions in Objects/*.c are not called
throughout all the regression tests.

I will try to run some updated reports to get more accurate info.

Some of the modules which had a larger # of untested functions include:

	Objects/abstract.c
	Objects/descrobject.c
	Objects/typeobject.c
	Objects/unicodeobject.c