[Python-Dev] Multiple revisions [was: Re: Stability and change]

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer@conectiva.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:47:30 -0300

> > Perforce, Bitkeeper and Subversion are all "better-breed-CVS" solutions,
> > while I consider arch to be a "better-breed-revision-control-system".
>
> You may be right about Perforce or Subversion (though I doubt it), but
> the arch blurb I found sounds very similar to Bitkeeper.

It's not just similar. One of the reasons why Bitkeeper doesn't have
its code available anymore is because they claimed that Arch was
copying the internal mechanisms of Bitkeeper. I have seen both working
and would definitely stick for Bitkeeper. OTOH, CVS is good enough,
Bitkeeper is not free software, and that's not the place to discuss
that <wink>.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]