[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:15:02 -0400

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Aahz]
>> Ah.  Okay, is shipping a zip of the build tree (plus a couple of MSVCRT
>> libraries) sufficient to run Python?
>
> Sufficient for whom?  Not for the typical Windows user.  It's sufficient for
> a typical developer, but if they want a build tree they can build Python
> themself from CVS.

Not me; I don't have a Windows C compiler, and it's extremely unlikely
that I would until I get a Win2K box.  I think that's representative of
a large minority in the Python community.  When I said "build tree", I
meant after compile/link; before that, it's just a source tree.  ;-)
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker