[Python-Dev] Re: PEP Politics

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:28:11 -0500

    mal> Regarding the subject line: don't know if it's just me, but I would
    mal> like to see some of the conservative development style we had
    mal> established a few years ago return in Python's development process.
    mal> Some of the recent developments left me under the impression of the
    mal> need to rush changes with no apparent reason (for rushing them).

I think this is a side-effect of having a largely time-based instead of
goal-based release process.  With a goal-based release process you can
effectively say:

    We will sell no wine before its time.
    - Orson Welles, in a Paul Masson ad from my childhood

Skip