[Python-Dev] "Unstable" is an ambiguous word...

Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:50:05 +1000

>>> Alex Martelli wrote
> On Tuesday 09 April 2002 04:27 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > But this is a serious amount of extra work -- as part of the change, I
> > refactored some code, etc.
> Sigh, I guess that's the downside:-(.  Supporting stable-track releases
> say "this IS alive and actively supported" exactly BECAUSE it takes
> effort -- it's a message that validates itself as sincere.

That's where I see the patch czar role coming in - sometimes that's something
that can be passed off to them to do, while someone like Guido can work on
something more important, like an alternate to whitespace-based blocks, or
whatever.

Anthony

Anthony