[Python-Dev] Python sidebar for Mozilla/Netscape

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:13:58 -0500

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002, Gerson Kurz wrote:
>> Gerson Kurz wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a version that allows searching the docs by utilizing
>>> google.com, but unfortunately google license prohibits querying
>>> google from a program :(
>>
>> Is that so ?
>>
>> If yes, then we'll have to remove scripts/google.py from
>> the Python distro.
>
> On http://www.google.com/webmasters/dos.html it says in the "DONT" section:
> "Send automated queries to Google in an attempt to monitor your site's
> ranking."

That just means that you shouldn't use cron jobs and the like; it's
perfectly fine to have a human-initiated automated interaction.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker