[Python-Dev] Python sidebar for Mozilla/Netscape

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:03:43 -0800

[Skip]
>     Mark> I wrote a cute little Python sidebar for Mozilla/NS6.
>
> I saw all the other responses so far, and while it looks cute, I can only
> think of two reasons to use Mozilla/NS6: testing for compatibility and
> escape from MS.

That's probably due to a misunderstanding.  The Google toolbar for IE is
darned useful, even if it's only for IE.  It's like saying that writing
platform-specific applications is cute and everything should be based on
posix only =).  Mark's sidebar is not a server feature, it's a client
add-on.  I agree that server features which require a particular browser
are of limited interest if you don't have a particular audience in mind
who has that browser.

OnTopic: If a brave and generous soul set up lxr, bugzilla, and
tinderbox for Python, I expect we'd find more Python users using Mozilla
=).

--da