[Python-Dev] New canonical location for PEPs

Adrian Aichner adrian@xemacs.org
04 Apr 2002 21:34:51 +0200

    Martin> Adrian Aichner <adrian@xemacs.org> writes:
    >> See the XEmacs/xemacsweb entry in
    >> http://cvs.xemacs.org/viewcvs.cgi/CVSROOT/loginfo?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

    Martin> Thanks for this information. I'm still not sure what the
    Martin> status of automated remote update is in XEmacs at the
    Martin> moment, sometimes, it says that it's disabled because it

Hi Martin, where does it say it's disabled or wouldn't work.

Please send me pointers.  I'd appreciate it.

The xemacsweb module has been updated via the commit-trigger for a
long time now.

See the
XEmacs Community News
section of
http://www.xemacs.org/
starting with the entry of 2000-11-26.

    Martin> doesn't work; various pieces still seem to be in place.

The most recent addition to the website are manuals generated from
.texi using texi2html.

This part is not automated yet.

    Martin> More specifically, it appears that CVSROOT/commit-trigger
    Martin> is the driver that initiates all the remote updates. I see
    Martin> it does that for xemacs@sunsite.dk and two other
    Martin> systems. What I cannot see is what programs are run at the

Correct.

    Martin> remote system. Are those available somewhere?

Ah, the information you are missing are the relevant authorized_keys
entries.

Here is the one from
xemacs@www.us.xemacs.org

no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,environment="PATH=/hom\
e/groups/x/xe/xemacs/tools/xemacs/bin:/usr/bin:/bin",from="*.sourceforge.net,*.\
m17n.org,gwyn.tux.org,www.xemacs.org,sunsite.dk",command="(/bin/date -u; cat; (\
sleep 2; cd /home/groups/x/xe/xemacs/xemacsweb && cvs -f -z3 -d:pserver:cvs@sun\
site.dk:/pack/xemacscvs update -Pd && make all; /bin/date -u) &) >> /home/group\
s/x/xe/xemacs/xemacsweb/logs/`/bin/date -u +%Y-%m-%dT%H-%M-%SZ`.txt 2>&1"  XXXX\
 YY ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ\
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ\
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ\
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ XE\
macs Commit Trigger

    Martin> Every time I tried to setup such a scheme, I found that it
    Martin> would deadlock: while the loginfo code runs, the committer
    Martin> still holds the lock. Then, the trigger would initiate
    Martin> code on the remote machine, which in turn tries a CVS
    Martin> update. That will then wait for the lock.

    Martin> How do you solve this problem?

Try a commit-trigger based on ours in combination with an adjusted
authorized_keys entry similar to the one above.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

--
Adrian Aichner