[Python-Dev] Re: Suggested memory API rules for 2.3

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
04 Apr 2002 09:51:04 +0100

Tim Peters <tim.one@comcast.net> writes:

> [the recommended 2.3+ API]
> >     PyMem_{Malloc, Realloc, Free}
> >     PyObject_{Malloc, Realloc, Free}
> >     PyObject_{New, NewVar}
>
> [Michael Hudson]
> > We should probably provide an example of preprocessor hackery that
> > lets you use these interfaces and remain backward compatible as far as
> > possible.  Maybe even a little .h file which we can suggest extension
> > authors bundle with their extensions.
>
> I would be delighted if somebody else did that.  As I age, I find it
> increasingly difficult to do more than 103 things at once <wink>.

I hope you don't mind if I wait a few weeks.  Though I guess I
wouldn't be aiming for a moving target now, I'll feel safer in a month
or so...

Cheers,
M.

--
  First time I've gotten a programming job that required a drug
  test.  I was worried they were going to say "you don't have