[Python-Dev] New canonical location for PEPs

Adrian Aichner adrian@xemacs.org
04 Apr 2002 08:39:15 +0200

    Sean> There is some reasonable mechanism for [automatically
    Sean> pushing content from CVS to the Web], as it *IS* done in
    Sean> some places.

    Stephen> I know XEmacs's is not perfect, but I'm fairly sure host
    Stephen> config changes at SourceForge and SunSITE.de have been

Make that SunSITE.dk.

    Stephen> responsible for most of the attention the webmaster has
    Stephen> paid to the auto-update mechanism over the last two
    Stephen> years.  Attention has been paid to the lock issue, but I

I agree.

    Stephen> don't recall the resolution.

I'll have to dig this up.

    Stephen> We currently keep the website content in CVS at
    Stephen> SunSITE.de.  A CVS commit to the website module triggers

SunSITE.dk, not SunSITE.de.

    Stephen> updates of the SourceForge, Tux, and SunSITE "primary"
    Stephen> homepages, typically taking 10-15 seconds to propagate to
    Stephen> all three sites, including a "genpage" run.

Take a look at
http://www.dk.xemacs.org/logs/?M=D
http://www.us.xemacs.org/logs/?M=D
http://www.xemacs.org/logs/?M=D
for the actual data.

    Stephen> Adrian Aichner <adrian@xemacs.org> is the guy to talk to
    Stephen> about the website experience (eg, admin resources
    Stephen> consumed since original setup).  I believe Martin
    Stephen> Buchholz <martin@xemacs.org> designed the mechanism and
    Stephen> did the original implementation.  Karl Hegbloom

Martin was instrumental to get the ssh magic in the
CVSROOT/commit-trigger to work.

See
http://www.dk.xemacs.org/About/Website.html
for an intro.

    Stephen> <karlheg@debian.org> adapted it for a project he works
    Stephen> on, and was the one who brought up the lock issue most
    Stephen> recently.  You may be able to browse the implementation

Yes.

    Stephen> in CVSROOT at cvs.xemacs.org.  If not, I'm sure Adrian
    Stephen> would be willing to show it to you.

CVSROOT is not browsable, but you can check it out anonymously:

cvs -f -z3 -d :pserver:cvs@cvs.xemacs.org:/pack/xemacscvs checkout CVSROOT

See
http://www.dk.xemacs.org/Develop/cvsaccess.html

--