[Python-Dev] PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:22:40 +1000

On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 02:22  PM, Stuart Bishop wrote:

> On a side note, writing 'i or False and True' performs much better
> than bool(i) in the test implementation, and flow control statements
> involving ints are perform much better than flow control using bool.
> Will there be a performance degredation in the final version, or
> can this be avoided?

I fixed my test to not do a global lookup on True and flow control
is no longer slower.

now-+1-if-anyone-cares-but-lets-see-what-another-100-posts-do-ly y'rs

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/