[Python-Dev] pycnfig.h.in and UW7

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:10:05 -0400

Hi Martin,

Reviewing the checkin message, I just saw some stuff that you added
disappear:

***************
*** 716,725 ****
  #define DL_EXPORT(RTYPE) __declspec(dllexport) RTYPE
  #endif
- #endif
-
- /* Define the macros needed if on a UnixWare 7.x system. */
- #if defined(__USLC__) && defined(__SCO_VERSION__)
- #define SCO_ACCEPT_BUG     /* Use workaround for UnixWare accept() bug */
- #define SCO_ATAN2_BUG      /* Use workaround for UnixWare atan2() bug */
- #define STRICT_SYSV_CURSES /* Don't use ncurses extensions */
  #endif
--- 722,724 ----

The removed lines were added by you a few minutes earlier.  I did a
full cvs update, ran autoconf and autoheader, and checked in the
resulting files (after testing everything first).

AFAIK, pyconfig.h.in is a generated file, written by autoheader, so
those #defines that you added won't stick.  I'm not sure where they
*should* go though.  The normal way to get a variable defined in
pyconfig.h.in is complicated; you have to put a template using #undef
in acconfig.h.in, and call AC_DEFINE() in configure.in.

I think there are a few places in configure.in where -D options are
added to OPT or to CC -- I'm not sure why, it could be that the author
of the patch didn't know the proper way, or it could be there was a
special reason.