[Python-Dev] Change from "config.h" to "pyconfig.h" may be a ticking #include bomb

Sun, 2 Sep 2001 23:44:07 +0200

> To pick up this sort of bug, perhaps "make install" should attempt
> to remove config.h if it exists in the target include directory?

I don't think so. Once Python 2.2 is released, it will install its
headers into <prefix>/include/python2.2, which will be empty since it
is the first usage ever of this directory; the previous *release*
installed its files into a different location.

Giving the advice to people to remove their
<prefix>/include/python2.2, and (most of) <prefix>/lib/python2.2 if
they update from an earlier alpha release might be a good idea,
though: there might be other removed or renamed files whose absence
they would not notice.

Regards,
Martin