[Python-Dev] Re: patchlevel.h

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:10:56 -0400

    JJ> I undid it this morning, this mod wasn't supposed to escape
    JJ> from my machine.  Maybe I should start using the release
    JJ> branch for Mac releases after you are done with it for the
    JJ> Unix/Windows release. As there is an r22b1 tag to point to the
    JJ> exact revision used for the release there should be no adverse
    JJ> consequences. What do you think?

Should be fine, although I'd like to add something about it to PEP
101, just to make it official.  How about in the "What Next?" section,
something like:

"Turn ownership of the branch tag over to Jack so he can make the Mac
release.  He'll typically twiddle with patchlevel.h and may make a few
other checkins as needed for the Mac.

When he's done, he'll add another tag to the branch: X.YaZ-mac.
"

That way we'll have the source tarball tag in the branch and the mac
release in the branch and we could recreate either.

-Barry